With BrickellHost you can have one primary account that manages everything such as billing, services, support, domains, and you can add (invite) users with specific permissions that you will allow them to have. In this tutorial, we will show you how to navigate and use the User Management section in your client area.
Users can have more than one associate accounts that they can manage. When you register at BrickellHost, you are creating an account, and the user is created based on that account. This is your primary account and this user is the primary account owner.
What is an account owner?
Each account is associated with one single primary account owner. Account owners have full permissions and they are the only ones that can invite users. For example, during checkout users can choose to create a new account for the items in the cart. In this case, the system will assign account ownership for the new account to that user.
How to invite users to access your client area?
Inviting a new user allows you to give permission to somebody that can manage your account. If this user already has an existing user account with us, they will be able to access your account using their existing username and password. If they are not existing users, then they have to register to be able to access your account. You can send invitations from the User Management section in your Client Area by following the steps below: 1) When you are logged in to your client area, click on your account name on the top right corner, and from the dropdown click on User Management.
2) Click on Invite New User
3) Enter an email address in the popup window and choose which permissions to have the new user
Choose All Permissions to grant all available permissions, or choose Choose Permissions and select the desired permissions:
- Modify Master Account Profile – Access and modify the client profile information
- View & Manage Contacts – Access and manage contacts
- View Products & Services – View access to products, services and addons
- View & Modify Product Passwords – Allow password resets and other actions
- Perform Single Sign-On – Allow single sign-on into services (eg. cPanel)
- View Domains – View access to domain registrations
- Manage Domain Settings – Allow domain management eg. nameservers/whois/transfers
- View & Pay Invoices – View and payment access to invoices
- View & Accept Quotes – View and acceptance permissions for quotes
- View & Open Support Tickets – Access to open, respond and manage support tickets
- View & Manage Affiliate Account – Access to view and request withdrawals
- View Emails – Access to view account email history
- Place New Orders/Upgrades/Cancellations – Allow placing of new orders
4) Click Send Invite You should see a confirmation that the invite has been sent successfully. They will receive an email from our system, similar to the one in the screenshot below:
After you send an invitation, the invitee will display in Users in the client’s profile. Click Resend Invite to resend the invitation email or click Cancel Invite to cancel the invitation.
Managing accounts and users
As an account owner, you are able to manage all invited users that have access to your account. You can manage all users from the User Management section, in your client area.
Managing user permissions
1) When you are logged in to your client area, click on your account name on the top right corner, and from the dropdown click on User Management. 2) Click on the pencil icon (Manage Permissions) next to the user's name, and update their own permissions. 3) Select the permissions that you want to give them and click on Save Changes.
Removing user access
As an Account Owner, you can remove users from the User Management section of the Client Area. 1) When you are logged in to your client area, click on your account name on the top right corner, and from the dropdown click on User Management. 2) Click on the trash can icon (Remove Acess) 3) You’ll be asked to confirm the removal of the user. Click Confirm