In this tutorial, we will explain in details, how to transfer a domain name to BrickellHost.
First, verify that the domain name is eligible for transfer
- Make sure that the domain has been registered for at least 60 days.
- Make sure that WHOIS/Privacy option is disabled.
- You must have access to the domain registrar.
- Make sure that we support that domain by looking for your domain extension on the domain registration page.
How to prepare your domain name for transfer
- Make sure your domain name is unlocked from your current registrar.
- Obtain the Auth/EPP code for your domain from the current registrar.
Transfer domain to your BriclellHost account
Let’s say that you completed all the steps above and your domain name is ready for transfer. Follow the steps below to learn how to transfer your domain name to BrickellHost:
1) Login into your Client Area
2) Go over Domains menu and click on “Transfer domains to us”
3) Enter your domain name and Auth/EPP code that was provided by your current registrar
*This domain name and EEP code are only examples and they are not valid.
On the next page you will see option to add domain privacy which is highly recommended to protect your personal information. Also here you add web hosting plan, if you don’t have one and set your domain nameservers. By default BrickellHosts’ nameservers will be added.
Click the ‘Checkout‘ button to send your domain transfer request.
Once you have submitted the domain transfer, your current Registrar will be notified of the transfer and will, in turn, send you an email confirming the transfer order. Approve the email accordingly.
A domain name transfer can take up to seven (7) days to complete.
Once the domain name transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation by email.